Towson Family Law Attorney
Family law deals with a time of profound change in the lives of individuals and families. Changes like these open up new chapters in your life, and they can be times of stress and anxiety if you don’t know what to expect or are unsure how these changes will affect you and your children. Lebovitz Law is here to guide you and represent you so that you do know what to expect and are confident your family law matters are being handled by a skilled legal professional dedicated to meeting your needs and helping you reach your goals. For help with divorce or cases involving questions of paternity, domestic violence, adoption and other matters in Baltimore County and Maryland statewide, contact our experienced Towson family law attorney today.
At Lebovitz Law, you’ll find a Maryland family law attorney with over 30 years of experience representing parties on all sides of family law matters. We’ll know how to handle your case right from the start to help you get a successful result in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
Transparency – Making Sure We Understand Your Needs and Goals
We believe that keeping our clients informed and educated is the best way to ensure that their needs are being met. We’ll work with you and involve you in your case from the very start, and we’ll keep you informed and updated every step of the way. We take the time to answer any and all questions you may have about your case at the beginning and throughout the course of your representation. By engaging in open and honest communication from the outset, we ensure that we understand your needs and goals and that you are comfortable knowing how your case is progressing.
Strategy – Resolving Complex Family Law Matters Efficiently and Effectively
Going through a divorce, child custody dispute, or other family law matter is an emotional time. That’s understandable and expected, but the decisions being made in your case need to be made rationally and in your best interests. While you are processing your emotions, we’ll move forward in your case in a manner designed to avoid conflict whenever possible and resolve it effectively when conflict can’t be avoided. In our experience, dealing with difficult issues calmly and rationally yield better results than letting emotions take control. Our firm is experienced in a variety of means of conflict resolution and is equipped to settle your case through negotiation, mediation or collaborative law with dignity, respect, and your best interests foremost in mind.
Helpful Advice for Your Case
In order to receive the best representation possible, it’s imperative that you’re honest with me. I’ll be transparent in return, keeping you updated throughout your case. I’ll give you my opinion on what I believe are your best options.
Kill Them with Kindness
In legal matters involving family, it’s easy to allow your emotions to get the best of you. Not all problems can be solved with a shark-like approach. By dealing with issues calmly and rationally, you’ll be able to better able to avoid conflict.
Open Yourself to Alternatives
You may be entering your case with a specific strategy in mind. However, things don’t always go according to plan. Don’t close yourself off to other options, whether they involve mediation, collaborative law, or other possible solutions.
Comprehensive Towson Family Law Practice
You can count on Lebovitz Law for help with a host of family law matters, including the following:
- Divorce – Whether seeking a limited divorce or an absolute divorce based on mutual consent or other grounds, we can guide you and assist you through every step of the process to make sure your divorce proceeds smoothly and resolves successfully. Importantly, we’ll make sure your rights are protected and your interests represented when it comes to matters such as jointly-owned property, spousal support or alimony, child custody and child support. A divorce settles these matters and impacts you and your family for years to come, so it’s vital to settle the divorce right to meet your needs and prevent problems down the road.
- Paternity – Establishing a child’s parentage (paternity) affects the rights of a father to seek custody, visitation, and a role in parenting, as well as the rights of a mother to seek child support. Establishing paternity can also directly impact the child in a multitude of ways. Lebovitz Law represents mothers, fathers, children, and other interested parties in paternity proceedings as well as divorce cases and child custody disputes where difficult paternity legal issues are involved.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements – Lebovitz Law provides practical, thoughtful, and helpful advice and representation in the negotiation, drafting, and review of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. These agreements can take a lot of pressure off an engaged or married couple, enabling them to make joint decisions about marital and separate property, spousal support and alimony, and other matters relevant to their shared and independent financial security. If you have children from a previous marriage, if you own a business, or if you simply want to make sure your marriage is based on shared expectations and mutual understanding, talk to Lebovitz Law about a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement.
- Domestic Violence – Maryland law provides a means for obtaining protective orders whenever a family or household member is committing abusive acts against another family or household member. Protective orders can involve strong no-contact orders that can force a person out of the house and enforce child custody arrangements as well. Lebovitz Law represents people on both sides of domestic violence accusations inside and outside of divorce proceedings and child custody disputes. It’s important to have knowledgeable, effective representation to protect your rights in this vital area.
- Other Matters – The comprehensive family law practice at Lebovitz Law encompasses a variety of other matters as well, including father’s rights, grandparent’s rights, stepparent adoption, same-sex marriages and adoption, and dealings with Child Protective Services. No matter what your needs are, our experienced Maryland family law attorney is ready to answer your questions and help you reach your goals.
Contact Lebovitz Law Today
Some of life’s most stressful moments involve family. Don’t let a bump in the road threaten the lives of you and the ones you love. From finalizing your divorce to establishing a child custody arrangement, a knowledgeable family law attorney can be an excellent resource for your case.
Lebovitz Law is passionate about helping individuals and families seek brighter futures. From our office in Towson, Maryland, we represent clients in Baltimore County and throughout the state. Call our experienced Towson family law attorney today.